It was a long weekend and we decided to go for a staycation with the kids. We had a few options but ended up choosing Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, Abu Dhabi for reasons more than one which you will know as you read on. Let me tell you some basics about this property:
- The 5 star property offers 443 splendid rooms and suites with their modern design complementing the values of the contemporary Arabian culture, in an alcohol free environment.
- One large swimming pool has been built beautifully segregating the adult size to the kids by beautiful bridges
- Private beach within 2 minutes walking distance which is such a boon especially with kids as they spend most of their time here
- New Wellness and Massage Spa to help you relax , rejuvenate and feel well rested while the kids and the family are right outside at the pool or the restaurant
- It entails several restaurants with different cuisines to satisfy each ones taste buds from Arabic to international cuisines
- Courteous , warm and extremely helpful staff who ensure your stay is wonderful and memorable.
One of the many plus points it has is Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana is a 10-minute drive from Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. Al Bateen Airport is a 25-minute drive away while Abu Dhabi International Airport is a 30-minute drive away from the property which means this hotel is always occupied by tourists, corporate visitors and staycationers like myself.
Now should we see some stunning pictures while we were staying at this beautiful property. We were upgraded to a classic suite very kindly once I informed the hotel that I would be traveling with my Nanny and 2 kids. Here are some lovely pictures of the 2 bedroom suite equipped with a kitchen as well . We has the most stunning view as seen below
I always take a peek at the washroom in a hotel hoping that it is clean and tidy. I was pleasantly surprised by the large washroom in the Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana. It was not only large but in immaculate condition, literally as good as new. We had 2 baths in the suite and one powder room .
We had an adorable platter of fruits and sweets waiting for us in the room with the sweetest message from the hotel staff. Gestures like these always melt my heart!
Post checking in, we took a nap for a bit in the super comfy beds at the hotel. The girls were running around the room and were loving it as there was a lot more space to play than a usual hotel room. They were very excited to go swimming so we changed and headed to the pool. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the pool. It is massive and has a large kids pool too which is shaded and temperature controlled. After the pool we headed to the beach which is 2 minutes walk from the pool. Zoyaa had a lovely time building sand castles and playing in the beach
After we were changed from the pool attire, it was time to head to Horizon restaurant to get some dinner. Since it was Ramadan , there was a lot more choice in food than the usual. We loved the food , service and the ambience of the place. I loved the fact that it was a kid friendly restaurant . The staff were very courteous and attentive to make sure we felt comfortable and were served with our requirements.
After the delish dinner we took a tour of the hotel and I can safely say my favourite part of the hotel is the lovely lobby with this the lounge cafe. It has a very royal feel and look about it and we sat there for an hour sipping on coffee trying to digest the yummy food we ate and honestly we ate a little extra while the girls ran around the lobby.
We were all pretty tired with the day which was full of activities and decided to retire to bed early. I have to admit inspite of having stayed in some many hotels around , I slept the most comfortably at Khalidiya Palace. The beds are comfortable to a different level, absolutely no sound at all around , curtains drawn , rooms made dark , we all woke up at 9 am next morning , well in time for breakfast.
We had scrumptious breakfast at the Horizon restaurant, ( since it as Ramadan, the other restaurants were not serving food). We ate wholesome breakfast with eggs, bread, fruits, coffee, sausages and more. The kids went and got their own cereal milk and some fruits. Absolutely loved the ambience here early morning.
Goodbye: It was time to say good bye to this beautiful property and head back home. We absolutely loved our staycation here and cant wait to be back for more. I loved this beautiful part about the property ( see below)
Some more information on the hotel:
- This hotel has one of the biggest pools in the city.
- Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana is a 5 star property which offers 443 splendid rooms
- Choice of Restaurants: All preferences can be filled, from authentic Arabic flavours served at Kamoon restaurant, to international dishes at Horizon our all-day dining restaurant. The pool bar and lounge also exuding a mixture of modern and traditional atmosphere are good places to take time for self.
- Babysitting upon request
- Great beauty salon at the property
- If you are fond of water sports activities, there is plenty of activities to keep you busy like jet-ski, kayak and more
- If you like sports the there is a Squash and a tennis court
- Gift shop to buy some great souvenirs and more
(+) Great hotel for a family outing, lovely food, great staff, a lot of activities can be planned from the hotel like city tour etc. The biggest plus point is it is a great place to spend some quality time with loved ones, under 2 hours in distance but at the same time makes you feel like you are away from the city
For bookings please click on the link below:
To make your booking via phone , please call on +971 (0)2 657 0657