As I go through my daily routine of waking up, getting to work, getting the kids to school, packing their lunch, looking after the Mr , I often wonder about few things that I wish I had been told when I was in my 20’s. Do you wish the same? Listed below are the top 5 things that weigh on my mind constantly:
1. Never Stop Reading even if it means reading a page a day: I used to be a voracious reader but somewhere down the line , with the responsibilities life brings upon you I stopped reading. I wish I hadn’t done that and continued to read a page a day at least. I am going to get back to the my hobby and passion of getting lost in the world of words once again!
2. Travel as much as you can : We try to sneak a few days a year to explore new places, but I definitely done travel as much as I would like to. Schools, new job, no leaves, all leaves taken during maternity etc etc are a few reasons why! I have decided to take at least two holidays a year come what may and you should do that to. Looking back at your life when you are 70 , you will have the most beautiful memories of your travel escapes.
3. Value Time : I do value my time , but sometimes do take it for granted . Time with kids, family, parents, friends , and most importantly time with yourself. I plan to value each and every second of my life and live it to the fullest.
4. Stop Regretting: There are no regrets in life, only lessons! Things happen and sometime dont happen as you have planned. There are days when I sulk on my couch complaining about why a certain situation is the way it and if I had not done that one mistake, life would be different. Friends, there is much more to life than regret! Nothing changes my mulling over something that didn’t happen! I want to make sure I never regret anything ever again in life. Should have, could have are words that will take you a few steps back in life! So stop regretting this minute !
5. Learn from everyone around you: Yes I know that sounds dramatic, but try and feel good about everyone you meet. Take one good trait from each person you meet and look what you will become. It is easier said than done but change the way you look at a person and see how your feelings will change as well. No one is perfect and its time to realize that everyone has some good to give you in your life.
Do you agree? Do you have anything to add! Would love to hear your thoughts!